If you have recently been to any stationery stores or wandered around the plushie aisle of the mall supermarkets, you would have noticed an increase in the stock of anime stuff. From stuffed pillows to printed mugs and t-shirts, anime characters have taken over the cartoon industry over a short period. This sudden increase is remarkable and justified as well.
Why so popular?
- OTT platforms: With a general increase in people watching webs series on OTT platforms lately, anime has found its way to the web series lovers’ hearts. Since it is available for free on l]most streaming sites, people who once started for fun are now hardcore fans of anime series.
- Experience: Since few people had explored the world of anime before, the more choices available now has given them a new experience. It is a relief from the usual genres of movies and TV shows. Anime gives fresh air to ardent watchers who have been constantly watching typical shows.
- Diverse: Even though there is a slight misconception that all anime is the same, the ones who watch know how versatile and refreshing each show is. The story, plots, characters- everything is distinct.
- Potential: The animation art of anime is not appealing to many. But that is what makes it special. When actors enact a scene there are limits to conveying emotions. With animated figures, there are practically endless possibilities and emotions to be delivered to the audience.
- Artistic: Creating anime requires a certain skill.It’s about the expertise to create something out of dots and lines into a realistic and visually engaging scene. People who admire art and the value of work are attracted to anime more. It’s all in the details!
- Relatable: More often than not, the characters and the plots are relatable to the audience. These are delicate tales of love and loss, war and peace or friendship and betrayal. The socially stigmatised topics by cinemas like depression, loneliness and mental illness are explored in great detail by anime.
All these point out why anime is more popular these days. The audience finds it easier to relate to the characters and their feelings, feel with them. This is the major reason why anime stuff is gaining a place in every merchandise.